Yes, but somewhat in a bittersweet way. My ex-husband and I wound up being rather different in personalities. It was not until after having a child together did those differences start to cause problems. Frankly, he could be a real a$$hole sometimes. He would even admit it. No longer being under the stress my ex-husband was able to cause me is much better. However, I am beginning to find that I miss the better aspects of marriage lately.
Do you regret the divorce?
No, I do not regret divorcing. Our marriage was done. Too much damage to go back.
Do you still have triggers?
I get a thorn stuck in my paw occasionally. Usually when I see that my ex-husband has changed for the better. I am happy he is striving to be a better person and I hope his new marriage works out. Mostly for my son?s sake. I just often wonder why he could not have been a better husband when we were married and before his poor choices caused so much damage to our marriage.
Does it effect new relationships having been cheated on or having cheated in a marriage?
It does happen to me, but very rarely. A guy may display a behavior with the tiniest similarity to those which led me to question and uncover my ex-husband?s unfaithfulness, it can sometimes give me that stomach dropping feeling. Those actions may not be anything to indicate an individual is committing adultery. It is a behavior, routine or a way of doing something which changed in my ex-husband once he started being unfaithful.
What is your point of view?
I will not allow my ex-husband?s undesirable behaviors in our marriage to take away my ability to love another person. I have lost plenty of me to him already. I am not so unique that there is no man out there who doesn?t share similar morals and values as myself. I believe there are men out there who will not cheat on their partner. I?m hopeful that same man can give as much love to a relationship as I can. A man who realizes that a successful, loving relationship does not happen just because you marry a woman.
__________________
Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.
Source: http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-infidelity/27686-those-divorced-post-infidelity.html
lk memorial day consumer e.coli extreme makeover home edition notorious big indianapolis 500
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.