Friday, May 27, 2011

children's book review ? Em-pulse

Posted by emmyk in Uncategorized.
Tags: achieving your dream, Andrea Beaty, Axel Scheffler, books to read to your kids, children, Children's books, David Roberts, family books, Iggy Peck Architect book, Julia Donaldson, loving to read, parents magazine, Parents magazine recommendations, The Snail and the Whale book
trackback

Every so often, I try and put book reviews up. Well, I got my parents magazine, and they have a section about great picks for books, toys, etc, for kids that MAY not be well advertised or you wouldn?t hear of often or think to buy. This month, they had 2 that caught my eye. One, becuase my husband is an architect ;) and the second because its about how even if you are small you can accomplish BIG things, and anyone who knows us, knows we are, well, small! HAHA ;) SO! here they are. THEY ARE SO CUTE! They are in rhyming format, even cuter ;)

This book has beautiful pictures, a great and positive story. It is about a little snail who dreams of seeing the world, but feels TOO small to accomplish his dreams. He meets a BIG whale who helps him accomplish this, but the snail, later, ends up accomplishing something MUCH greater than seeing the world. Check it out! http://www.amazon.com/Snail-Whale-Julia-Donaldson/dp/0142405809/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306340395&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Iggy-Peck-Architect-Andrea-Beaty/dp/081091106X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306340598&sr=1-1

This is the architecture one :) I will be honest, I only got it because Andrew is an architect and I thought it would be SO cute for him to read it ot her ;) And it was cheap haha. Well, it is SUPER cute! Again, about following your heart and what you feel called to do. So, these are WONDERFUL. I love both of them. Katie also lvoes both. She reads them to her animals! haha. She sets it up like story time, she sits in her tinker bell chair and all the animals are sitting in front of her. TOO CUTE! I am so blessed she loves reading! I hope she always does!

Source: http://emmyk.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/childrens-book-review/

heidi montag odyssey chaz bono weight lyrica eci dos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.