Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What to take to a baby shower? ? Kiddicare Blog

As an expectant mother I spent weeks and months preparing for the birth of Ben. Friends and family were all keen to play their part, but somehow things all felt very real when I had my baby shower.

It is another American tradition which we have borrowed, and while my partner?s idea of a celebration was to wet the baby?s head and go out drinking with a few mates after the birth, us women tend to think a little bit more practically.

I held the event in the comfort of my own home ? there would have been little point in going to a bar when myself and a couple of friends were all expecting ? and invited all of my close female friends and family.

Baby showers are traditionally an all-female affair, but nowadays it is not unusual to see men there too. Myself and a couple of friends put on finger food and cake for everyone to enjoy and decorated the house with cute tableware. We put on a couple of themed games ? Pin My Nappy stands out! ? and I managed to order some advice and prediction cards for people to fill in.

The idea of a baby shower is to celebrate the pending birth, and all of my fantastic friends brought presents with them which really took the strain off when it comes to buying bits and pieces.

Among the gifts were items like baby monitors, bedding, clothing, more nappies than I could even begin to count, a bath kit and toys and rattles.

The possibilities are endless when it comes to presents ? all I wanted were things which would help me in the days, weeks and months after Ben was born. Being prepared is so important, so knowing that I had everything I needed set my mind at ease, leaving me to concentrate on doing the important bit of looking after my newborn son.

Source: http://blog.kiddicare.com/?p=5827

jake owen oosthuizen louis double eagle bubba masters winner instagram facebook chicago cubs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.