Monday, August 8, 2011

Electronics Shopping Tips to Find What You Need and Stay on Budget

Dell Vostro v130 notebook contestWhen you think about buying an electronic device, it can seem really overwhelming.? Where do you even start?? Do you even know what you want?? Here are some hints to help you find what you need as well as keep it on a budget!

List Your Requirements -?First of all, begin by listing out what you need.? Do you know if you only need a camera that can take pictures? Or do you need something that will also capture short videos?? Make a list even if it only has two requirements on it to help you know what you need.

Here?s my list of camera requirements for me personally: has a good flash, can accept a high capacity memory card, has an action setting, can take panorama pictures, and can capture video clips with a decent output.

Learn the Language -?You should also research what the various terminology used in describing the product you are interested in means and how it is used.? Learning the technical language is sometimes the hardest.

Read Reviews ? ?Consider stopping by the local library and look for some technology magazines.? I personally like PC World and Consumer Reports as they give reviews and ratings of various items in a category along with a list of features.? You can also check out various consumer websites such as Amazon for ratings and reviews.? Friends are also a great resource.? Ask them what they have purchased and like as well as what that have not liked.

Look at the Products ? I also like to take the time to go to various electronic stores and actually look at the couple of products that I have eliminated my list down to.? I will also do my best to find an employee who knows the products and can help me test the product. ?There is nothing like actually feeling the product in your hands.

Note from Jason: You can conduct a lot of researching online before heading into the stores to look at the products. Online reviews are a great resource, but I do like Jocelin?s idea of visiting stores to actually see the product in ? person. Just go to the store with the purpose of conducting your product review and be careful not to buy until you?ve followed all these tips.

Check for Compatibility ? ?make sure the product has the compatibility with the other products you will be using it with.? For example, when I went to buy a new laptop, I looked at both Mac?s and PC?s.? I was interested in a Mac; however, the biggest drawback for me was replacing $2,000 worth of software I had purchased or been given over the years.? That would have been a huge cost for me on top of a new laptop.? So make sure that you think those areas through as well.

Check Your Budget ? Finally make sure that you have the money to purchase your item.? Do not go into debt in order to purchase the latest greatest gadget.? Rather save for it!? It will be so much more enjoyed and appreciated when you are able to purchase it outright versus use credit.? Then enjoy it and use it productively.

What are your electronic shopping tips?

Photo credit:?adria.richards.

Source: http://www.onemoneydesign.com/electronics-shopping-tips/

angina goldman sachs price of gold jared padalecki 311 ee ee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.